TV writer, producer and director Vinta Nanda has hinted at the actor of harassing and raping her during her old production ‘Tara’ in the 90s. Although, she has not named the actor, the description given, she has referred to the “actor” as ‘most sanskari person in film and television industry’.
Social Media users were prompt to call out Alok Nath, who has been synonymous with names like ‘Sanskari’, ‘Babuji’, etc.
Reacting to the rape allegations, Bollywood and TV actor Alok Nath in an exclusive talk with ABP News said,
“Kuch to log kahenge.” (People will say something..)
Nanda had recounted her horror via a Facebook post, however, Alok Nath dismissed the allegations by saying,
“Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it. Well, I do not want to talk much about it as for the matter if it has come out, it will be stretched.”
Alok Nath further accused Vineeta’s of being an extension to the ongoing #MeToo movement wave across the country. He said there are many disclosures been made under this campaign,
“However, we only have to hear to women’s stand because they are considered weak,” he added.
When asked about his clarification on people’s reaction and his tainted image in the eyes of the masses after the allegation, the actor told ABP News,
“What do I have to do with people? People will say anything to spoil the image. Leave my image, whatever has been said, it is absurd.”
Citing his friendship with Vinta, Alok Nath said,
“At one time she used to be such a good friend… today she said such a big thing. In a way, it was me who made her what she is.” Ending his point on this issue, Alok Nath said, “It is useless to react on the allegations as in today’s world whatever a woman says, only that will be considered. In such a situation, it would be wrong to say anything.”
Vikram Chandra, Former NDTV Anchor and Founder of Editorji, tweeted that this has to be the worst defence to rape charges he had ever read.
— Vikram Chandra (@vikramchandra) October 9, 2018
After social media named and shamed actor Alok Nath as the ‘sanskaari’ actor who allegedly raped writer and showrunner Vinta Nanda two decades ago, Cine And TV Artistes’ Association or CINTAA has reacted promptly.
Actor Sushant Singh, a CINTAA official, tweeted today to say that Mr. Nath will be sent a show cause notice asking him to explain why he should not immediately be expelled from the film body. Mr Singh also advised Vinta Nanda to file a formal complaint, promising full support. Ms. Nanda, who revealed in a Facebook post yesterday how she had been violated and brutalized years ago, has not named Alok Nath. Twitter has done that for her, based on her description of her alleged rapist as a ‘sanskaari’ actor.
Dear @vintananda I am so so sorry. As @CintaaOfficial a show-cause Notice will be sent to @aloknath first thing in the mrng, why he shudnt b expld. Unfortunately we’ve to follow the due process. I urge u to file a complaint against this vile creature, we extend u full support.
— sushant singh (@sushant_says) October 8, 2018