Chennai : Gas leak from air conditioner kills a family of three

0
226
khabarbar.com
Google Image - For representation only

Three persons of a family who were asleep died of a gas leak from the air conditioner in their house in Mettukulam near Koyambedu (Chennai) on Monday night.

The victims have been identified as Saravanan (38), his wife Kalaiarasi (30) and son Karthik (8). A senior official of Koyambedu Police said all the three persons were killed because of asphyxiation caused by a gas leak from the air conditioner.

The bodies of the three persons have been sent to Government Kilpauk Medical College Hospital for post mortem. Koyambedu police have registered a case and are investigating.

Initial investigation revealed that the couple had turned on the inverter that night as there was a power cut in the area.

Image result for ac gas leak
Google Image – For representation only

Family members inhaled a gas that emanated from a malfunctioning air conditioner, the police said today. Their neighbours called the police after the family didn’t come out for a long time. The police broke open the door and found the bodies.

In May, a 10-year-old Delhi boy and his nine-year-old sister were charred to death, after an air conditioner’s compressor exploded at their home in northwest Delhi’s Adarsh Nagar area, as reported by NDTV.The children were at home with their grandmother but their parents were away when the incident occurred.Their grandmother managed to escape but the children were caught in the fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here